The NCS (Natural Cosmetics Standard) certification is assigned by the "Gesellschaft für angewandte Wirtschaftsethik" (GfaW) and certifies "genuine natural cosmetics". The standard regulates the qualities of the ingredients and the manufacturing processes. The standard disallows certain substances that are deemed harmful to the environment or to health. Animal testing and genetic technology is also rejected.
Natural cosmetics with the NCS seal:
- do not contain microplastics (no parabens, silicones, PEGs or phthalates)
- exclude genetic technology
- are free from animal testing and ingredients from dead vertebrates
- allow only sustainably certified palm oil
- forbid radioactive irradiation
- contain only natural fragrances and plant extracting agents
- are packaged in an environmentally friendly way
For more information about the Natural Cosmetics Standard, please visit www.gfaW.eu/ncs.