The Federal Association of Industrial and Trading Companies for medicinal products, healthfood products, dietary supplements and cosmetics, the BDIH, which is based in Mannheim, Germany, is a further association that deals with natural cosmetics standards on the German market.
In order to comply with the BDIH standard, certain criteria must be fulfilled:
a certain selection of plant-based raw materials must originate from starting material that is certified organic.
The following may not be used:
- synthetic fragrances and colouring agents
- ingredients based on mineral oils
- irradiation of individual ingredients or of the end product
- raw materials from dead vertebrate animals
- animal experiments in the manufacturing process, development or the testing of the end products